Special Programs at the Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem
Theme based guided tours include:
- Don’t miss the exhibition 'By the Rivers of Babylon' that takes a never-before-seen look at the Babylonian Exile and its impact on the Jewish People.
Four generations of one family share their story— from the destruction of Jerusalem and expulsion from Judah to their exile and settlement in Babylonia. Discover what it took to establish the vibrant Jewish community in Babylonia, and experience their daily lives on the banks of the river, filled with the eternal yearning for Zion.
Tours will highlight topics such as: the present and past links between Diaspora Jewry and the land of Israel; the different ethnic groups, traditions and cultures that formed the Jewish people, delving into their unique qualities to better understand how culture reflects and defines the identity of a person; The Al-Yahudu Archive, unravelling the history of our ancestors through this historic evidence of the names, places and daily lives of the exiled Judeans.
- From the Chosen Father to the Chosen Son - 30 minute tour for Christian groups
Bring to light the most significant and influential civilizations of the ancient world, connecting our history to the Holy Scriptures. Understand the historical backdrop to the emergence of Judaism and Christianity.
- Ancient Cultures of the Biblical World - a highlight tour of the Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem emphasizing the spiritual and cultural worlds of Canaan, Egypt, Babylon, and more. Explore the interconnections between the cultures of the Ancient Near East.
- In the Footsteps of the Patriarchs – Discover Abraham's journey to the Promised Land. Explore Abraham's cultural background and his ideals. Visit Egypt at the time of Jacob and his sons. A fascinating tour tracing the events and heroes of the Bible.
- The World of Ghosts and Spirits – Tour the world of ancient demons and protective spirits through magical inscriptions and artifacts. This tour examines the use of amulets and protective objects that were an integral part of life in the ancient world.
- "And God made woman...” - Beauty, aesthetics, motherhood, fertility and war are among the concepts associated with women in the Ancient Near East. This tour will look at the role of women in various cultures and sheds light on their status.
- “… I have loved thee with an everlasting love ...” - (Jeremiah 31:2) – Bonds of love, relationships and marriage in the Ancient Near East, are explored in this enchanting tour.
Tour lengths and topics vary according to the theme and the number of participants.
Advance reservations are required and must be coordinated with the Museum at: Dafna@blmj.org 972-2-5611066.