Plan Your Visit
All you need to know
before your visit
- Until 31.12.23: Entrance is free on Fridays and Saturdays (as part of the “Shabbat Israelit” Project)
On week days:
Adult – 44 NIS
Jerusalem Citizen – 33 NIS
Senior Citizen – 22 NIS
Disabled – 22 NIS
Child – 22 NIS | Admission for children is Free* on Wednesdays and Saturdays | *In a family composition only
Student – 22 NIS
Oleh Chadash/Israel gap year program – 22 NIS
Soldier / National Service – Free
Licensed Tour Guide / Museum Member (on presentation of a valid card) – Free
- *Free return visit within a month (with purchase of a full price ticket, presented at the entrance)
The Bible Lands Museum aims at making all its spaces accessible to the disabled:
- Parking spots for disabled people’s cars are specially marked in the parking lot shared by the BLMJ and the Israel Museum.
- Discounts for the disabled on the entry tickets are available upon presentation of a relevant ID.
- Disabled persons can be accompanied by a personal assistant without charge.
- All the museum galleries are accessible for the disabled.
- Wheelchairs can be borrowed for free for the duration of the museum visit at the entry desk.
- Cloakroom is accessible at the entrance level.
- Plastic chairs for the visitors’ use can be found near the staircase.
- Elevators and wheelchair ramps provide access to the museum galleries.
- Restrooms are accessible to wheelchair users.
- Museum audioguide in Hebrew and English is available without charge.
For further clarifications please contact the accessibility coordinator, Ariella Rones-Tsafrir: Phone: 025955307, or the response desk: 02-5611066;
+Promotions and special rates
The Bible Lands Museum is located at stop no. 5 on the Hop on Hop Off route of the Red Bus. We offer a special admission price for Red Bus customers (you must present your ticket from the Red Bus).Adult: 40 ₪ instead of 44 ₪Child / Senior Citizen: 20 ₪ instead of 22 ₪
- Red Bus City Tours Jerusalem
- Free entry to the Museum when you revisit within a month of your first visit (when purchasing a full price ticket). Redeem by showing your ticket at the admission desk).
- Free admission on Fridays and Saturdays – as part of the Israeli Shabbat program
+Address, Parking and Bus Routes
21 Shmuel Stefan Wise Street, Museum Row, Jerusalem
P.o Box 4670, Jerusalem 9104601
Free parking in front of the museum entrance.
Bus Routes: 7, 9, 14, 35, 66, 90
+Opening hours during the high holidays and special occasions
+Museum Gift Shop
The Museum Gift Shop offers a wide variety of unique souvenirs, beautiful home décor items and attractive gifts for every occasion.
There is a handpicked selection of works by local artists, Judaica, high holiday gifts, jewelry, children’s gifts and personal items. Entrance to the shop is free.
Opening hours: Sun-Thurs, 10:00-17:00
- Daily Guided Tours
- Self-guided family Activities
- Museum Map
In the permanent and special exhibitions | Included in the admission fee:
English: Sun-Tue, Thurs at 11:30
Hebrew: Sun–Fri at 11:00 | Sat at 11:30
Audio guide in English for the permanent and special exhibitions | Included in the entrance fee.
Families are invited to enjoy an array of individual activities during the museum opening hours:
The Tales of Shamshi – Activity booklet for kids. Available in English and Hebrew.
Ancient Magic Box – Adventure for kids following ancient magical traditions. Available in Hebrew.
More information at the Museum Box office.
Some of the activities Suitable for Shabbat Observant Families